President Obama, Political Correctness, and Radical Islam

President Obama, Political Correctness, and Radical Islam

In a speech at the National Defense University, President Obama kind of admitted what some of us have known for years.  There are radical jihadists among us who would like nothing better than to kill us in the name of Allah.  Mouthing the words of his speech writer, President Obama stated: “.  .  .we face a real threat from radicalized individuals here in the United States. Whether it’s a shooter at a Sikh Temple in Wisconsin; a plane flying into a building in Texas; or the extremists who killed 168 people at the Federal Building in Oklahoma City – America has confronted many forms of violent extremism in our time. Deranged or alienated individuals – often U.S. citizens or legal residents – can do enormous damage, particularly when inspired by larger notions of violent jihad. That pull towards extremism appears to have led to the shooting at Fort Hood, and the bombing of the Boston Marathon.”  Unfortunately, the President and his men are ill-equipped to do diddly-squat about the problem. The reality is that the Obama Administration is hampered by an obsession with political correctness.

This obsession with political correctness impairs the ability of the Department of Homeland Security and the Department of Justice to keep us safe.  Whether it’s the new immigration bill (S. 744) opposed by many conservatives, including me, or the current immigration policy, the Obama Administration has not taken the necessary steps to protect us from immigrants from terrorist-sponsoring nations and their American-born converts. Commonsense dictates that we end the practice of holding the door open for individuals from nations that seek to kill us.  Likewise, we must increase our surveillance of individuals from nations that sponsor terrorism and any group or individual with terrorist ties.  Political correctness should not get in the way of protecting the lives of American civilians and law enforcement personnel.

10 Responses to President Obama, Political Correctness, and Radical Islam

1. JulesV29 says:

Carol -

I find it interesting that he reached back in time to the OKC bombing, but neglected to mention the 9/11 event.

Jules

2. eric n. kemer says:

To Prof Carol Swain
    As a Christian Conservative many years forced to live in liberal leftist nyc (a screwed up)corrupt cursed city I wish there were millions more brave. smart and Conservative women.
    (millions are Conservatives and wish there was millions more)
    If you receive this try to reply to send you IMPORTANT articles to read.
    I have a degree in political science and certif. in paralegal
    in regards
    eric n. kemer

3. Bob G says:

Are we past the point of taking effective action? He has been building his castle without significant responses since his first assumption to office.

• carolswain says:

It’s never too late to take action. The first step is being informed about what is happening. We can exert pressure by holding our elected officials accountable, especially members of Congress who have not used their power and authority properly.

4. Earline McCauley says:

Hello, I “met” you and other Black Conservatives on Sean Hannity’s show this week. I had watched the previous segment as well. It is such a relief to hear from you all. I am a Black female senior, though I don’t feel the years, :>), and have wondered for years, where are the Black Conservatives with a voice. I have shared over the years with friends in my circles the reason why being conservative in our country is important to all Americans, specifically Black people. Every time I hear the President say things that are Anti-American or things that devalue life I get online and start writing and sharing my comments. I would like to recommend the book, “Blindsided” by Dr. Michael Youssef. This book gives a short but excellent background of radical Islam and its motives. Thank you Ms. Swain for being one of the “voices”.

5. Melissa says:

Thank you for standing up for the American people who believe enough is enough. I’m so sick of hearing about the rights of people who want nothing more than to kill us!! Political correctness should not get in the way of keeping us safe, as an officer at a Federal Building I work hard everyday to keep the patrons safe in our buildings. I wish our government felt the same way! Please keep blasting your message!!! Thank you